Last Updated: June 28, 2022
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us may include:
- Account information and contact details, such as your company’s name, your first and last name, username and password, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Financial information, including your bank account details, which we may obtain from your financial institution, when you choose to connect your account to the Services.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Third parties, such as our business partners and others.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our website and the Services (in your capacity as our customer’s authorized user), our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
To operate our Services:
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure and improve our Services.
- Fulfill a payment or transaction initiated by you.
- Provide information about our Services.
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with our Services and our communications.
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services, and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising, including for:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
Compliance and protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims).
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies.
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our website and Services.
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business (such as banking partners, hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above, that may collect information on our website through cookies and other automated technologies.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Autobooks or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications we send you.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: www.adsettings.google.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/settings/personalization
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Sites and Services
Our Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
California Privacy Rights Disclosures
This section applies only to California residents. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. Please note that we do not sell personal information.
Where provided for by the California Consumer Privacy Act and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the right:
- To know the categories of personal information that Autobooks has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your personal information, and the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- To access the specific pieces of personal information that Autobooks has collected about you.
- To know whether Autobooks has disclosed your personal information for business purposes, the categories of personal information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information.
- To have Autobooks, under certain circumstances, delete your personal information.
- To instruct businesses that sell personal information to stop doing so – Autobooks, however, does not sell personal information.
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by calling (866) 617-3122 or contacting us at email@example.com. After we receive your request, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (866) 617-3122 or at the following mailing address:
1555 Broadway St., 2nd Floor
Detroit, MI 48226
Your peace of mind is our top priority
Any information given to us from you, whether personal or group based is confidential. We want you to understand how the Autobooks process works and how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us on www.Autobooks.co, so we ask that you carefully read our Privacy and Security Statement.
All information about you is protected according to established industry security standards and procedures. We are always looking to update and implement the newest online security available.
In order to use the Website, you must first create a user name and password. During registration you are required to give contact information such as name, physical and email address. SSN numbers, Cell phone number, as well as D.O.B may also be collected during registration. We use this information to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
Autobooks collects personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our Website and uses it exclusively to provide the services you’ve requested.
Autobooks collects third party personally identifiable information such as email addresses, when users create their contacts within their accounts. Autobooks uses this information to fulfill the users’ service requests such as emailing groups or requesting payment and not for promotional services within Autobooks.co.
Confidentiality of Information
Autobooks uses third parties to provide credit card processing capabilities on our site. When you make a payment using a credit card, we will provide credit card information as necessary for the third party to facilitate the payment transfer. Information that is exchanged with the processor may include name, address, and credit card number of cardholder. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
Autobooks will never share, rent, trade, or sell information given to us by you to a third party for marketing purposes. Only information about your account or transfers will be disclosed to third parties or to new billers: a) where it is necessary for opening or maintaining your account, or for completing transfers or payments, b) if lawfully required or, c) if you request or authorize it.
Protection of Information Exchanged Online
While going through the registration process at our website you submit personal and financial information that is necessary to begin using the service or process payments. During any exchange of information on our website a “secure session” is established with Secure Sockets Layers (SSL). Using 128-bit encryption SSL technology secretly encodes information that is sent over the Internet between your computer and Autobooks. This is the highest level of security technology commercially available. To make sure the session is secure you will find “https” instead of “http” to the left of the web page address on your browser. That “s” means the session is secure. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Accurate and Updated Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete it by making the change on our member information page, by emailing our Customer Support at Support@Autobooks.co or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
The Autobooks infrastructure is designed to keep records accurate, current and complete. You will have the ability to see your personal information each time you login to the Autobooks website, or, if you would prefer, emailing us at Support@Autobooks.co during regular business hours. If you see your records are incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please email, write or call us and we will investigate the matter and correct the information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements
As is true of most Websites, we use a third party tracking-utility partner to gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the site and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Autobooks, affiliates, or analytics. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual, as well as aggregated basis.
Autobooks sends out confirmation emails and critical service updates. The user may not opt out of receiving these types of communications.
We can post customer testimonials on our website, which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you would like to request the removal of your testimonial from our site, contact us at Support@Autobooks.co.
Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at Support@Autobooks.co. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if you are unable to do so and why.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
In the event Autobooks goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Modifications to Privacy Statement
How to Contact Us Regarding Privacy and Security Issues
Privacy and Security are first on our list. We want you to feel comfortable using a service that was designed for you. The best way to do that is to make sure all of your questions and concerns are answered. Email us with questions or comments at Support@Autobooks.co or call toll free 1.866.617.3122 during standard business hours.
1555 Broadway St., 3rd Floor
Detroit, MI 48226
Thank you for using Autobooks!
Last Updated: June 15, 2020